Keeping Our Children and Young People Safe
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Training Level 1
“No Whispers” Community Interest Company delivers training & awareness in child sexual and criminal exploitation to prevent abuse, offer support and enhance contextual safeguarding.
Training sessions are suitable for professionals, volunteers, and members of the community.
Training is interactive, informative, and impactful.
One day or two sessions (3 hours x 2)
NUMBER OF DELEGATES:
Varied – depending upon face to face or online
£62.00 per person
RATIONALE FOR COURSE
This training is for anyone who wants to gain an understanding of child sexual exploitation. People will be able to recognises signs of abuse, understand the vulnerabilities of children and young people with contextual safeguarding and know how to report to the appropriate authorities.
Almost 19,000 children have been identified as sexual exploitation victims in England according to the National Crime Agency.
The “Tackling child sexual abuse strategy” (Feb 2021) emphasises the need for everyone to play their part…“…across all agencies, all sectors, charities, communities, technology companies and society more widely”.
- To understand the definition of child sexual exploitation.
- To be able to identify signs of child sexual abuse
- To be able to identify indicators of child sexual exploitation.
- Show an understanding of barriers to disclosure.
- Identify examples of “reachable” or “critical” moments.
- Understand the significance of reporting within safeguarding
- An impact questionnaire will be completed at the beginning and the end of the training to evidence progression of understanding and learning.
- An end of training quiz related to key learning outcomes will be completed.
- Group work interaction and discussion will form part of the assessment.
- Each participant needs to have attended the full duration of the training and completed all assessment activities.
Everyone will receive a “Child sexual exploitation awareness Level 1” Certificate, CPD Accredited on completion of the course.
Karen Livesey is a qualified teacher, youth worker and experienced trainer. She began her professional career as a Primary School teacher in London before becoming a Senior Youth Worker and Advanced Practitioner for Lancashire Youth and Community Service. A management post she held for 26 years. With increasing issues identified in child sexual and criminal exploitation Karen pursued specialist training in child sexual exploitation, safeguarding, modern day slavery and sexual health. She completed Advanced training in Sexual health, Advanced Safeguarding, Adverse Childhood Experience training, Advanced Accredited Level 4 training in Child sexual exploitation, and a PGCE at UCLan in “Leadership and Management in Social Work and Social Care”.